Page Loading, please wait ..... Do not touch that mouse!
Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bheemeshwari - again!

Among those trees are the Loghuts!
Air-conditioned Loghuts!
Tree House!
The Cauvery river constantly beckons me. About 100 kms of this river passes through the fascinating “Cauvery Wildlife Sanctury” where wild elephants roam freely and the rare “Grizzled Giant Squirrel” can be easily seen!

Grizzled Giant Squirrel
This "Lesser Fish Eagle" with breakfast!
 Jungle Lodges and Resorts have two properties on this stretch of the Cauvery river at “Galibore” and “Bheemeshwari”.  This time I decided to drive over to Bheemeshwari. The awesome river, the green forest, the wild animals, a comfortable loghut on the banks of the river, friendly and very helpful staff and good food – what more can one ask for? (40% discount on weekdays!) .. and all this only a 100 kms away from Bengaluru city! Go!

Elephant country...
On this visit, my son was with me. The two nights 23rd and 24th of February, 2016 passed quickly. This time, apart from a short trek along the river bank and a brief visit to the very famous “Muthathi Temple”, I spent most of the time in a coracle enjoying the presence of the “Lesser Fish Eagles” ... there were four of them in close proximity to the camp and you could see and hear them all day!

Sunset at camp!
"Click Here" for some bird images I made during my stay at Bheemeshwari. 
"Click Here" for my 2014 Galibore story!

Vijay Cavale
February 2016